CCHP Physiotherapy Referral
Community Paediatric Physiotherapists see children from Birth to school-leaving age with a movement difficulty, motor delay or physical disability. This may include the following conditions :
- Neurological e.g. Cerebral Palsy, spina bifida, head Injury.
- Neuro muscular e.g. Muscular Dystrophy, Spinal muscular atrophy, neuropathy
- Developmental delay, General Developmental Delay and Syndromes.
- Discharge following trauma or orthopaedic surgery
- Postural variations e.g. flat feet, in-toeing, gait problems.
- Juvenile Chronic Arthritis
- Respiratory if already known to service for another existing condition.
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Specialist Assessment for a small no. of children with Motor Co ordination Difficulties ( DCD)
There are 4 Children’s Physiotherapy teams, 3 in Bristol and 1 in South Gloucestershire.
- North Team - contact Nalini Tondel ( Community Children’s Physiotherapy Service Manager) 0117 3533609
- South Team - contact Dawn Ravenhill ( Community Children’s Physiotherapy Service Manager ) 0117 3015490/98
- East Central Team - contact Lindsay Caley ( Team Leader ) 0117 3408308 or 0117 3408063
- South Glouc. Team - contact Lyn Jenkins ( Community Children’s Physiotherapy Service Manager ) 01454 862436