Working together, working with you

Children's OT - How To Get Help

If you think that your child has a condition that is impacting on their ability to carry out everyday tasks and you feel that they would benefit from seeing an Occupational Therapist, you will need to discuss your concerns with one of the following professionals. 

  • General Practitioner
  • Community Paediatrician
  • A Health Professional, such as a Physiotherapist, Speech and Language therapist or school health nurse

If appropriate, they will complete a referral to the Occupational Therapy service, which follows the CCHP Care Pathways. Children and young people will be offered a service if they meet the specific pathway referral criteria, which is available to download in the clinicians section of this website. Please click here for a direct link.