Making a referral to Riverside
The Riverside Adolescent Unit accepts referrals from senior CAMHS clinicians nationally. Referrals should be countersigned by a consultant child and adolescent psychiatrist.
To make a referral to Riverside Unit:
1. Please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org (secure from NHS mail / nhs.uk accounts) or fax them to 0117 354 6350:
• NHS England Form 1
• Supporting letters
• Risk assessments
• Other assessments
• NHS England Form 2 if required (see below)
2. Please call the unit on 0117 354 6350 to discuss the referral and let us know that you have sent it.
3. You will receive a confirmation of receipt e-mail as soon as we have received your referral. If you do not receive confirmation please contact us again.
If you are referring from outside of Bristol, North Somerset or South Gloucestershire:
• Your referral on the NHS England Form 1 must be accompanied by an NHS England Form 2 from your local access assessment Tier 4 unit who will ensure that the referral is appropriate for an acute generic setting.
• You must also copy both of these forms to your local NHS England CAMHS case manager; their contact details and the forms are available from your local unit.
The Riverside Unit
Blackberry Hill Hospital
Telephone: 0117 3546350