Monks Park House
Monks Park House is situated within the Science Quarter of the Southmead Hospital site, adjacent to the Monks Park Avenue Site Entrance.
North Bristol NHS Trust has 4 main car parks for patients and visitors to Southmead Hospital Bristol. These car parks are pay and display. There is a small number of on street Pay and Display parking spaces. The largest parking facility is Beaufort Multi Storey Car Park and is most easily accessed from the Southmead Road site entrance.
From the Beaufort Multi Storey Car Park, which has 4 levels of parking, to the main entrance of the Brunel building, a free shuttle bus service runs approximately every 10 minutes Monday - Saturday 7am - 9pm, Sunday & bank holidays 9am - 9pm. The bus stop is by the main entrance of the car park. Monks Park House is a short walk from the Brunel building bus stop.
Visitors and patients are requested to use these parking facilities and respect the local neighbours by not parking in adjacent streets. Please be aware that parking restrictions are in place on Kenmore Crescent, Kenmore Grove and Kenmore Drive, in the Monks Park Avenue area. Parking on these roads are limited to residential permit holders only, Monday to Friday, 9am-4pm. If you park in these areas you may be fined or your vehicle towed away.
Parking charges apply 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Tariffs are clearly displayed in all public car parks. Please bring sufficient change to pay for your parking. For long term parking contact the OCS office, in the Atrium of the Brunel building. See the parking charges to the right of this page.
Disabled drivers, displaying a blue badge, park free of charge and disabled parking spaces are provided in most public car parks. If there are no available disabled spaces you may park in any space within a public car park free of charge provided that you display your blue badge. Please do not park in staff car parks as only permit holders may park in these areas, particularly as some are barrier controlled and a barrier card is needed to exit them.
- M4 junction 19 take the M32 towards Bristol. Leave the M32 at the first exit, (A4174 signposted Parkway).
- Turn right at the roundabout.
- Proceed along the dual carriageway.
- At Filton Hill round about (junction with A38) go straight across onto B4056 Southmead Road.
- Go straight across the double mini roundabout. The hospital is 250 yards beyond the roundabout on left.
- At junction 17 leave motorway towards Bristol (W). Take fourth available exit off roundabout on to A4018 (Cribbs Causeway).
- Take second available exit off roundabout onto A4018 (Cribbs Causeway).
- Take first available exit off roundabout on to A4018.
- Take second available exit off roundabout on to A4018 (Passage Road).
- Take third available left on to Greystoke Avenue.
- Turn right at mini-roundabout on to Doncaster Road.
- Turn left on to B4056 (Southmead Road). Arrive at BS10 5NB
For information on travelling by Bus to Southmead Hospital Bristol visit:
- First Bus: 01224 650100. Buses serving Southmead: 17 Kingswood, 18 Emersons Green, 24 Ashton Vale, 76 Hengrove, 82 Yate.
- Wessex Bus: 0117 321 3190. Buses serving Southmead: 501 Avonmouth, 502 Shirehampton, 505 Long Aston P&R, 506 Harbour.
The 18, 82, 501 & 502 services provide 6 buses an hour to and from Bristol Parkway Station. Most services stop right outside the Brunel building main entrance. For the most up to date information contact either Traveline 0871 200 2233 or the appropriate bus company. Calls to Traveline cost 12p per minus plus your phone company's access charge.
If you need to travel between Frenchay and Southmead Hospitals the First Bus number 18 service stops outside Frenchay and on Southmead site.
For information on cycling visit Better by Bike. Cycle racks at Southmead Hospital are available at various locations including by hospital main entrance, AOC, Beech Building, Monks Park House and Learning & Research.
Monks Park House - Contact Us
Monks Park House,
Call: 0117 414 2524
Southmead Site Map
Download the Southmead Hospital Bristol Site Map
Car Parking Charges
Car Park Charges
- 0 – 2 hours £3
- 2 – 4 hours £4.50
- 4 – 6 hours £6.50
- 6 – 8 hours £7.50
- 8 – 24 hours £9
- 7 day ticket £25
Correct change and coins only.
Reduced rate parking is available to long term patients and visitors. Advice available from the Parking team on 0117 4143334