CCHP Physiotherapy Referral
Community Paediatric Physiotherapists see children from Birth to school-leaving age with a movement difficulty, motor delay or physical disability. This may include the following conditions :
- Neurological e.g. cerebral palsy, spina bifida, head injury.
- Neuro muscular e.g. muscular dystrophy, spinal muscular atrophy, neuropathy.
- Developmental delay, general developmental delay and syndromes.
- Discharge following trauma or orthopaedic surgery.
- Respiratory if already known to service for another existing condition.
- Chronic fatigue syndrome.
- Motor Coordination Difficulties ( DCD).
How to refer
Anyone can make a referral to this service. Please use the Single Point of Entry (SPE) form (related documents - below) to make your referral.
All new referrals are jointly triaged by an Occupational Therapist (OT), Physiotherapist and Early Years Speech and Language Therapist (SLT) on a weekly basis. If your child meets the referral criteria they will be offered an assessment.
Depending on need, this may be a joint OT and Physio assessment (and if appropriate, will include an SLT), or you may be assessed by a single service.
In some cases we may request additional information about your child, such as a Functional Skills Checklist.
- Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy Helpline - 07917 393196
If you have a concern about your child’s movement, or ability to undertake everyday tasks. Available every Wednesday between 9am and 12pm.
- Email email@example.com
You can also visit the Children's Physiotherapy Team page for more contact details.