CCHP Physiotherapy Referral
Community Paediatric Physiotherapists see children from Birth to school-leaving age with a movement difficulty, motor delay or physical disability. This may include the following conditions :
- Neurological e.g. cerebral palsy, spina bifida, head injury.
- Neuro muscular e.g. muscular dystrophy, spinal muscular atrophy, neuropathy.
- Developmental delay, general developmental delay and syndromes.
- Discharge following trauma or orthopaedic surgery.
- Respiratory if already known to service for another existing condition.
- Chronic fatigue syndrome.
- Motor Coordination Difficulties ( DCD).
How to refer
Anyone can make a referral to this service. Please use the Single Point of Entry (SPE) form to make your referral.
All new referrals are jointly triaged by an Occupational Therapist (OT), Physiotherapist and Early Years Speech and Language Therapist (SLT) on a weekly basis. If your child meets the referral criteria they will be offered an assessment.
Depending on need, this may be a joint OT and Physio assessment (and if appropriate, will include an SLT), or you may be assessed by a single service.
In some cases we may request additional information about your child, such as a Functional Skills Checklist.
- Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy Helpline - 07917 393196
If you have a concern about your child’s movement, or ability to undertake everyday tasks. Available every Wednesday between 9am and 12pm.
- Email email@example.com
You can also visit the Children's Physiotherapy Team page for more contact details.