Be Safe - How To Get Help & What Next

How To Get Help

Most children and young people are referred to Be Safe by a social worker or healthcare professional.


We appreciate that having a child that has engaged in harmful sexual behaviour can be distressing and leave parents wondering what to do next. We are keen to involve parents/carers in planning the next steps from the outset and in our experience the involvement of parents/carers is vital to positive outcomes for young people. If you are a parent concerned about your child/young person, or a young person yourself seeking any related support, please contact your local Children’s Services First Response team and/or the police in the first instance, or if you are involved with a health service you may wish to discuss this with the health practitioner concerned.


You may also wish to seek advice from NSPCC / Childline.

NSPCC - If you are worried about a child - 0808 800 5000

NSPCC Childline - 0800 1111


What Next

Once a referral is accepted the team will be in touch to set up multi-agency meeting (with parents/carers and key professionals) to plan the next steps. These next steps are detailed in the care pathway document in the clinicians section of this website - please click here to view the appropriate page.


Be Safe - Contact Us

Be Safe
Reception Room No. 229,
Barton Hill Settlement,
Joan Johnson House,
43 Ducie Road,
Barton Hill,

Call: 0117 3408700

Be Safe - How To Get Help & What Next