Working together, working with you

Behaviour Concerns

Behaviour Concerns

Behaviour Concerns

If you are a parent concerned about your child’s behaviour, or a young person wanting help with managing difficult behaviour, please speak to your GP, health visitor, school health nurse, social worker or early help co-ordinator.

These professionals will ask you questions about what the concerning behaviours are, how it impacts your child’s life, how long this has been occurring, and what sort of help you would like.

There is a range of support that can be offered by the above professionals individually and through working together (we call this multi-disciplinary team working). Following discussion with you they will suggest what opportunities may available, and who may be most appropriate to help.

If this is a severe, complex and enduring concern which is difficult to resolve, your professional will ask your permission to discuss this with a specialist in child and adolescent mental health (CAMH) to either receive advice on how best to support you, or whether support from the CAMH service is relevant.

Potential CCHP services that may also be involved:

  • Children with Learning Disabilities Team / SSCLD
  • Be Safe (concerning sexual behaviour)
  • Health Visitor
  • School Health Nurse
  • GP
  • Earlybird Courses
  • Community Paediatricians