FNP - Parents How To Get Help
The midwife will normally be the person who notifies the FNP team if you are eligible for the service. The midwife will speak to you at booking and tell you that a member of our team may be in contact. Our team will then ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria and will contact you to tell you more about the service. Taking part in the programme is voluntary and once the programme has been explained you will be given time to think about whether it is something you want to do.
Any other professional can also notify us of an eligible client so if you are interested speak to your Midwife or GP.
To be eligible you must:
- Enrol on the programme voluntarily
- Be aged 19 years or under at the start of your pregnancy
- Be expecting your first baby
- Be living in the agreed catchment area of Bristol
- Enrol as early as possible in pregnancy and no later than the 28th week of pregnancy (due to the time needed for enrolment this means notifying the team no later than 24 weeks of pregnancy)
The programme can be offered if you have had previous pregnancies which have ended in miscarriage, termination or stillbirth.