North Somerset School Health Nursing
Our School Nursing Team works across education and health, providing a link between school, home and the community. Their aim is improve the health and wellbeing of children and young people. The School Nursing Team are an experienced, professional and qualified team who are here to help you.
Our School Nursing Team works in partnership with children, families and professionals. The team offers confidential advice and support to children, young people, parents and carers and promotes all aspects of health.
The School Nursing Team also includes the Bladder and Bowel Children's Service, Immunisation Team and Children Looked After Specialist Nurse.
The School Nursing Team work with families and young people from age five to 19.
Some of the areas the School Nursing Team support children and young people with include:
- Emotional health and wellbeing
- Obesity, weight management and healthy lifestyle
- Alcohol and substance misuse
- Dental decay
The School Nursing Team also provides support with:
- Relationships and sexual health including c-card (condom scheme), chlamydia testing and pregnancy testing
- Body changes and puberty
- Information about other services and referrals to other agencies
- School entry health review and hearing and vision screening in reception year
- National Child Measurement Programme (reception and year six)
- Advice and support for professionals to develop health care plans
- Secondary school-based clinics
- School-based immunisations
- Safeguarding concerns