Children's SLT - What We Do
We assess, diagnose and provide advice and support for children with a range of speech, language and communication difficulties. Our main areas of work include:-
· Speech sound difficulties (depending on a child’s age)
· Difficulties with language processing, word finding and putting words into sentences
· Social interaction skills and abilities at a range of levels
Many children we work with have needs in one or more of the following areas:
· Developmental Language Disorder
· Verbal Dyspraxia
- Alternative and Augmentative Communication (AAC)
- Voice Problems
For some children with complex needs we also assess eating, drinking and swallowing abilities and offer advice and support as needed.
Watch this film, which describes the role of the Speech and Language Therapist in the life of two twins living with cerebral palsy and with one of the boys attending Claremont School in Bristol.