New national lockdown announced: advice and information on accessing support
As announced by the Prime Minister on 31 October 2020, there will be a new national lockdown commencing from Thursday 5 November in response to a rise in cases of Coronavirus.
For now, please continue to attend appointments as advised. You don’t need to call us to check that a booked appointment is going ahead. We will be in touch if anything changes with your care.
If you are experiencing coronavirus symptoms, please use the government portal to book a test. It is important that you and anyone you live with continue to self-isolate until you get a test result. You can find more information, support and guidance on testing here.
Think Hands, Face, Space – washing your hands regularly, using a face mask in areas where social distancing is difficult, and keeping 2 metres’ space between you and others will all help to reduce the spread of the virus.
- If you have a continuous cough or fever, self-isolate and contact 111 if you need further advice or help.
- If you need medical help, please contact your registered GP practice or 111. Support can be accessed online at 111.nhs.uk or you can call 111 for free form your landline or phone.
- The Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership wellbeing line is open 24 hours a day for mental health and emotional wellbeing support: 0300 303 1320.
- Please only call 999 in the event of a medical emergency. Only go to A&E if you experience a medical emergency or if 111 or your GP has advised you to do so.
- For minor injuries, the Minor Injury Units in Yate and Clevedon and Urgent Treatment Centre in South Bristol are open between 8am and 8pm. For minor illnesses, please contact your GP practice.
- If you are receiving care in your home, including district nurses, therapists and support workers, and need to discuss your needs please call 0300 125 6789.
- If you are self-isolating or require additional support, contact the following numbers to be put in touch with local groups who can help with fetching shopping, medication and other essentials supplies, as well as other mutual aid: Bristol: We are Bristol: 0800 694 0184 North Somerset: North Somerset Together: 01934 427 437 South Gloucestershire: 0800 953 7778
Page last updated Tuesday 3 November 2020